Wednesday, April 05, 2006


Gunsaddle?

I was at Dominion Outdoors (a local establishment with a desire to emulate Cabelas) and noticed a product called a Gunsaddle. Retailing for about $40, this thing wedges itself between the seats or seat and console and holds the rifle safely. I liked the concept because it is very similar to the weapons holders we had in the cabs of our military vehicles.

It might be more useful in some states and circumstances than in others. Some states strictly prohibit transport of a weapon by this means but others like VA will allow it. Where allowed this could be useful.

I wish I could find somebody who has used these for a period of time. I'd like to find out what shortcomings they might have and how durable they are. E.g., do they slip around in their positions? Do they get in the way when using the seat restraints?

They also make these in leather and for bows and handguns. I know many people who would find these useful for the gun they carry in the car/truck.

If you've used this product please write and let me know what you think of it.

No comments: