Wednesday, October 04, 2006

How do You Define Hunting?

You need to see this about a "game" rancher and game ranching in general. Visit also the Real Hunters home page. Is this how you define hunting?

The behavior shown in the video is just about as bad as it gets in how one treats wildlife. It disturbs me that Jimmy Houston allowed himself to be associated with such things but I can't say I'm surprised. My cable company no longer provides the channel with such shows for free so I don't watch them any more. When I did, I noted several such things. Cameras set up to use terrain to mask feeding/bait sites, deer coming right by the stands in unnatural behavior, and even the arrow bouncing incident. Can you believe that the fellow turned and said what he said with a straight face? My least favorite is Jackie Bushman.

If you know some other sketchy hunting shows, send me an e-mail about it and I'll post them here.

No comments: