Sunday, October 10, 2010

Went to the gun show today...

... before my dear wife's birthday trip to the pumpkin patch, hay ride, corn maze (not maize...), etc.  Saw a lot of wonderful friends/acquaintances.  Met some possible new friends.  Got a bayonet for the M1 Garand rifle.  Drooled over the contents of Randy Clark's cases.  Fought off the urge, albeit without too much difficulty, to buy a cherry Marlin Model 57 and a 1894 Sporter.  Saw a nuber of other leverguns and even several nice Savage 24s including the side selector .22/.410s with wood stocks.  Pretty much wanted to cry when I realized I didn't have the scratch to get a genuine Hamilton Bowen Ruger OM conversion to .44 Special.  You've all been there. You go to a show and there's one piece that seems to call your name but you have not got the necessaries to answer that call... So it was today. I saw a Ruger OM with RX3 grip frame converted by Hamilton Bowen to .44 Special (with color case frame) and I didn't have the $1500 or so to buy the dance ticket. What a beautiful gun. I also saw a NIB Colt Agent with shroud but as beautious as it was it didn't hold a candle to the Bowen Ruger. I will not go back to saving my dollars for the next such opportunity.

No comments: