Tuesday, January 06, 2004

I haven't been posting here very often. My last post was on November 17 and that is about the last time I did anything shooting or hunting related (other than cruise the web).

There are a lot of things I want to do and accomplish this year and I hope to do them all.

One of the things I want to do is to get in better shape. I think this is critical especially for hunters who still hunt. Still hunting requires a lot of muscle control and uses muscles not often exercised. A very basic program can help tremendously and works for everyone because it is self regulating. That is, you automatically do only as much as you can and will develop/improve no matter at what level you begin.

The program? Push-ups, sit-ups, and leg lifts in sets of 3 (or 4 as you improve). In circuit take one minute timed excerise with a 45 second break between for the first push-ups, sit-ups, and leg lifts (in that order), then repeat but for only 45 seconds with a 30 second break between and again for 30 seconds with a 10-15 second break. Pushups move from close hand (diamond) to wide hand to standard in order to fully exercise all those related muscles. You can also vary the type of sit-up.

No comments: