Saturday, June 14, 2008

Little Hatchet in Need of Handle

This neat little ax or hatchet is in need of a handle. I remember using it with a neat little fawn's foot on the end of the handle just like a really small hatchet. As you can see from the photo (the multi-tool is there for scale and is 3-1/4" long) this really is a little thing and the eye is likewise diminutive.

I'd like to get it set up and make it available to my grandson and granddaughter as a tool with which they can learn to use the hatchet at a young age (parents permitting). It is just such a neat thing. Unfortunately, I don't know the maker and don't think that I have the skill to make a handle from scratch as my paternal grandfather would have done.

In my research I have found at least one really neat source for tool handles and that is the House Handle Company of Cassville, MO. You really need to look at this company's wares.

No comments: