Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pseudo Colt Agent

I'd gotten a Colt Cobra, made in 1972, and it was pretty good for a carry gun. Light, 6 rounds, and with the Tyler-T adapter a filling yet compact grip. Still, it was too big for pocket carry and many assured me that the Colt Agents were pocket carry capable. I wanted to try one out, but I didn't want to spend a fortune on a quality Agent.

Then I was pleased to find some Detective Special stocks for only $6.99 at CDNN. I thought these Sile skip-diamond stocks would be just the thing to dress up my DS (which has some rather ugly original stocks). So, I ordered them and they arrived. I opened the package only to discover that they were actually AGENT stocks. Of course these will fit the late (post 1966) grip frame. On they go and there you go, an "Agent". Neat!

This gun, with the Buffalo Bore item #20C, is going to be a fine carry gun.  I don't think it will work for pants pocket carry for me but I do have some jackets in which it will work quite well.

No comments: