Thursday, August 17, 2006

GPS

Could it be anymore confusing? This things are priced from less than $100 at the bottom end to more than $800! I've yet to suffer because I use a compass and a map and terrain association. Am I really missing something? Do I really need one? I've toyed with the idea for many years now but, when it comes down to it, I can't bring myself to spend the money. Am I cheap or wise?

It is so bad that I've put off posting this. Mapping I understand, navigation I understand (even using a sextant), I fail to see how they choose the combination of features, button location, etc. Maybe I'll just ask for a cheap $100 something model and see what it can do for me.

Of course, as I write this my copy of Primitive Archer magazine shows up with an article on GPS. I think I need to read some more.


And Hank put me on to GPSDiscount.com

No comments: