Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Study of the Colt Single Action Army Revolver


I just received my copy of the Thirty Year Anniversary Edition of A Study of the Colt Single Action Army Revolver by Ron Graham, John Kopec, and C. Kenneth Moore. It is inscribed to me by Mr. Kopec.

I'm afraid this won't be a book review, exactly. Surely, any serious collector knows of the previous editions and so no review by me will be of any help to them. The book is $129.95 plus $10 shipping from Kopec Publications which makes it pretty darn expensive. Kopec Publications does not have a web site so I can't link you to them. There is no on-line photo of the book, so I'll have to photograph mine.

I'm telling you right now that no photo I take of this book can do it justice. This is a tome of incredible quality and well worth the money spent. Not only is the book well made, but there is seemingly endless info and photos of guns. Oh goodness, such photos! Absolutely marvelous. A feast for the eyes. This book is, in a single word, luxurious.

I'll have to find the time to read it. Actually, I'm thinking it will be savoring. This book invites savoring. I might wear a bib as well...

No comments: