Sunday, February 28, 2010

This Weekend

Sports show at Augusta Expoland, Fishersville, VA. Gun show at Rockingham County Fairgrounds, Harrisonburg, VA.

Coming attractions are the Friends of NRA dinner in MacGaheysville, VA April 17th and the NRA Annual Meeting in Charlotte, NC on 13-16 May.

Starting to get back "in the groove".



Went to the Harrisonburg show and met Clint Bryant. Enabled him on a 24 which he got after I'd left. I did get 2 cans of Greek .30-06 M2. I understand the Greek .30-06 is good. I know their .303 Brit is!... and... 2 boxes of Thin Mints.... I couldn't help it. The girl was with her dad (and his 2 cans of ammo) and she took $7 of my money.

There were some interesting guns including a Ruger 1A in .35 Whelen which was asking about $900. That was the cheapest #1 at the table. I saw a couple of PAL M1 bayonets. The one with the scabbard was asking $150 (I'm beginning to see a pattern here). Many 1905 bayonets, some mis-identified. Only on topic because these would work with the Garand...

I was surprised at the dearth of other M1 stuff. One, that's 1, guy had some clips. Even the milsurp guys (were there 3 or 4 Clint?) didn't have any M1 stuff. There was some M14/M1A stuff. There were several Garands, VERY ratty and asking outrageous (I think) prices. H&Rs and Springfields (late guns) asking $800+.

No comments: