Monday, June 08, 2009

'Splain this to me...

I just don't understand such foolishness.  A knife is a tool and is often useful far beyond the preconceived uses.  Lacking one, I've always regretted that lack.  That said, a 3" blade (or slightly smaller) can do some amazing things in the right hands.  That doesn't stop me from thinking this General is an idiot. 




There is something about the date stamp. Why STAMP the date (of which the year is blurred) when you can simply edit it in the word processor? As an old admin guy (as well as lazy infantryman), I'm wondering if they decided to change the date, used whiteout and then stamped over the old date before reproduction and distribution. Then again, why wouldn't they just change the date, in the word processor, and distribute via e-mail or web-site for the unit to print and make copies where necessary. Yes, Virginia, there are electronic signature files...

1 comment:

Willy said...

Let see, according Wikipedia (I know, I know) Roberto Sanchez commanded the 1st Armored from 7-10-01 to 6-14-03. So the year date would need to be prior to 20003. On the other hand an order published on 3-31 would be enforced the following day on 4-1. Hmmmmmmm.