Friday, June 10, 2011

Letting yourself down...

I let myself down last night. How? Let me try to explain.

Many months ago I came into this Marlin 1894 .44 Magnum to replace my old beloved 1894 .44 Magnum and to help out a buddy who needed some money. One of the first things I noticed was that the loading gate screw was a bit buggered. I thought I'd fix that and so I acquired a new screw but of course the person who'd buggered the screw had cross-threaded the gate and so I needed a new one of those as well. I got the parts but I put off doing the repair for several years now because, well, I didn't have the time. Last night I got the wild hair and took the gun apart.

Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to find my parts first so that I had everything together. So I then had to reassemble the rifle so that I wouldn't lose any more parts. Still can't find the new parts. No they aren't in the parts boxes. I've no idea where they are and I could swear I had to move them only a couple of months ago because they were in the way of a loading project.

So, you see, in failing to keep myself organized I let myself down and wasted time. Entirely preventable.

No comments: