Saturday, February 04, 2012

Boberg

I don't know how I missed this or even if I missed it (sometimes I think I'm headed down Mom's path) but it is intriguing as all get out.  I've seen some other gun that pulls the cartridge from the magazine, I think it was a MARS.  Anyway, I saw this on View from the Porch and had to know more.  I think it is fascinating and unlike the Merwin and Hulbert guns, this one is already in production.

The gun is the model XR9-S and is produced by Boberg Arms.  Designed by Arrne Boberg

It is smaller than a Ruger SR9C or Beretta Nano or Kel-Tec PF9 OR Glock G26 and lighter than a S&W 642 (I've got one of those for pocket carry).  That means it would be smaller and lighter than my Colt Officers' Lightweight ACP.  The design appears to offer more grip the lack of which concerns users of the competing pistols mentioned.  Capacity is 7+1 rounds (that is one round more than a comparably sized Kel-Tec P3AT or Ruger LCP) of 9x19mm Luger/Parabellum.

This is one neat design.  I might be moved to get one and am exploring the possibility.  There is a long lead time on this though.  We'll see.  The cost is $995.00 and production can not yet meet demand.

No comments: