Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Notes from the gun shop...

It was an interesting day yesterday...

The 116th Kimber
First off we started processing transfers of the Kimber Custom II .45 ACP pistols for members of the 116th Infantry Brigade Combat Team.  The unit also commissioned commemorative pistols from SIG and Colt.  The Kimber pistols were even offered with a very nice display case.  In future these pistols will certainly come on the market.  The Kimber serials were prefixed "SW116TH".

Then, I discovered that the boss man had received TWO of the just released Ruger 10/22 take-down rifles.  Neat!  The bag IS high quality and the gun goes together or comes apart slicker than snail snot.  We immediately sold both and that doesn't surprise me at all.  The "street" price on these is about $330.00.

One of the best things that happened was the CW3 Fred Barger came to pick up his Kimber.  Chief Barger and I served together when he was a Captain.  I also served with his father who was a full-time technician in the National Guard.  His dad, Ed, is about to celebrate his 84th birthday.   I'm glad he's getting all those retirement checks from the government (military and civil service) as he earned them.

I also had a pleasant discovery on the family side.  Although not a relation I discovered that one of our good customers has family roots in Middleburgh, Schoharie County, New York.  I haven't found the name in my genealogy but his family lived cheek by jowl with some of ours.

More gun news...  We finally sold the nickeled Colt Cobra BUT we got a 4" blued Ruger Security Six.  those Six series guns from Ruger and worth looking for. 


No comments: