Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Range day with Tactical Solutions conversion...

I mounted a 2½X Weaver handgun scope on my Tactical Solutions .22 LR conversion which is mounted on my old Combat Commander frame.  I'm still shooting that Remington Golden Bullet ammo.  The first target was not all that impressive.  There was a breeze but, I think most of the problem was me.  I did give the scope some adjustment right.  Notice how the shots are spread across the target.  One has to wonder how much of this is due to the ammunition used and how much is me...
So, I was thinking, maybe I can't shoot this scope well, let's try it without the scope and I took it off.  Here's that target.  It looks pretty good in the bull if you ignore all the other shots spread across this target.

Ok, so my cataracts are making it hard to use the open sights.  They, and the target, tend to blur.  I put the scope back on and shot this target.  I did adjust the sight right and left a bit as I shot.  That's a bunch of shots in that big hole at 8 o'clock.  I think I need to fine tune this before taking it hunting.  I do believe the gun will shoot, even if I'm having some issues. 


No comments: