Sunday, September 02, 2012

Rimfire Silhouette

The club had the monthly silhouette match today (as well as a .22 LR 50/50 or 50 shots at 50 yards match).  I shot some better than last time hitting 22 of the steel critters.  I'm not happy with that.  I think that I should be a solid 35 shooter.  What's wrong?  I think that I'm out of shape.  Can't hold still.  I need to walk, do pushups and situps, and maybe some other stuff.  Some of it might be eyesight and some might be concentration but the majority of my problem is that I'm just, plain and simple, out of shape.

PS - took the gun out of the case this evening and heard a soft "rattle".  Discovered my mount screws were loose!  That could explain some of my misses, but not all.  

But all will be well, I'm fixing some boneless beef short ribs and rice for dinner tonight.  Probably have some garlic bread as well as some kimchee on the side.  I'm using Margaret's recipe.  I should post it here.

1 rack (5 lbs.) spareribs
1 bunch green onions, chopped (large pieces)
2 medium onions, sliced (large pieces)
1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
¼ cup red pepper paste
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons sesame oil
¼ cup brown sugar
1 ½ cups soy sauce
1 tablespoon black pepper
Mix all ingredients together well. You should be able to smell the sesame oil, see garlic, and the ribs should be reddened from the red pepper paste. Add additional portions of the ingredients as you see fit (a lot of times I have to add more soy sauce to get it to mix right). Marinate (preferably overnight, but can be shorter time). Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large glass baking dish with aluminum foil. Place ribs in dish so that they are snuggled in close together. Pour the marinade and vegetables on top. Cook for 45 minutes until browned on top. Turn the ribs. Cook an additional 30 minutes until browned on top. This should serve 4 people for sure.

Allow to marinate at least from the morning of the dinner, but overnight is preferable.  Place all the ribs meaty side up in the prepared roasting pan/casserole dish and then pour all the marinade over the ribs.





No comments: