Thursday, September 13, 2012

The eyes have it...

As you might remember, last year's eye examination revealed that I have cataracts developing in both eyes. Noticeably thicker this year than last, I still do not meet the criteria for surgery. Looks like I'll have to put up with deteriorating eyesight for a while longer.

Of course, this affects my shooting and may be, in part, why I haven't been shooting as well as I used to. That is really the most irritating thing about it.

I am relieved though that I have no signs of macular degeneration, a condition that was blinding my father. Then again, I don't smoke either and that reportedly contributes to macular degeneration.

Of course my eyes had to be dilated for the exam and I am only just now able to see well enough to write this.

No comments: