Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tactical Solutions 1911 .22 Conversion unit...

The box is a bit funky...
An internet correspondent was looking to get rid of this Tactical Solutions 1911 .22 Conversion unit with the combo rail (iron sights on Picatinny rail).  We agreed to his price and it is wending its way here now.

The concept is an old one and there are many makers.  I've been looking for one of these Tactical Solutions units for several years now.  I guess it was about 3 or 4 years ago that Jeff Quinn wrote these up in a GunBlast.com article and I've been wanting one ever since.

I did play with the Kimber conversion a bit but, for some reason, really wanted the Tactical Solutions solution and so I've been waiting for an opportunity to get one at a reasonable price or for a reasonable trade. I really didn't want to have to call to place an order or to put it on the credit card but no other options were offered.  Further, I felt certain I could get one for less than the now $530 list for the actual conversion unit and $95 for the magazines.  Even Brownell's price of $429.99 for the conversion unit and $58.86 for the single-stack magazines was a bit daunting.  This supposed to be an "inexpensive" training solution.
But the unit appears pristine...

What is my planned use for the unit?  Well, I intend to use it to train Nana on the 1911.  I'd like to use it to maintain my proficiency as well, more inexpensively of course.  And then, if it ever comes to it, I could use this on one of my 1911s if I'm forced to reduce my collection for some reason or another.  To me, flexibility is a good thing.
Factory photo of 2211

Set up on my Combat Commander frame


No comments: