Set your 22-caliber LR rifle to stealth mode with the new CCI® Quiet-22™ rimfire round. Ideal for bolt-action and single shot .22 LR rifles (and perfectly safe in semi-automatics), this new reduced report cartridge generates ¼ the perceived noise level of standard velocity .22 LR round. Perfect for areas where noise may be a problem and ideal for introducing youth to the shooting sports, the Quiet-22 allows for safe shooting enjoyment without hearing protection.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Ultra-quiet plinking round in 22-caliber LR rifles
• 75% reduction in perceived noise of standard velocity .22 LR
• Standard CCI .22 LR case
• Excellent accuracy and low velocity (710 feet per second)
• Better performance than an air rifle with similar noise levels
• No hearing protection required
• Great for backyard plinking and youth shooting
• Ideal for legal shooting areas where noise may be a concern
NOTE : These cartridges may be used in semi-automatic firearms, however manual cycling of the action may be required.
Well, I've got to tell you, this load is about the same noise level (although I didn't measure it with anything but my own two ears) as the CB longs and shorts. HOWEVER, it functions my Remington 241 rifle and in the long barrel is pretty quiet indeed. It seems accurate enough as well. But, it is the unexpected benefit of fully functioning in the 241 that really got my heart thumping. This is FUN shooting!
Now, a lot of you have to worry more and more about the noise of shooting. Whether it is your wife having a tea with her friends a couple of hundred feet from your short outdoor range or a particularly nosy and intrusive neighbor, whether you need to rid your back yard of some uninvited guests at the bird feeder or just like plinking cans and shooting paper, indoors or out, this ammo is going to please a lot of you.