Monday, January 15, 2007

Hogdon Annual Manual 2007

I found it at the bookstore today and bought a copy. I will say that you shouldn't throw out your earlier issues. Some data has disappeared (such as for the .30-40) but the "magazine" is much thicker. Included are articles on the .30-30 and .45-70 by Layne Simpson and on the .38-40, .44-40 and .45 Colt by Jim Wilson. Also, due to Hogdon's purchase of IMR, there's some IMR data notably for Trail Boss in rifles and an article on that. Worth $8? I think so, but again, I'm not getting rid of my old issues which have data not included in this one.

UPDATE:

I keep finding data that was removed from this issue which could have been left in as it was HOGDON powder data. .32 S&W, .30-40, and more. Gone. What they did with the IMR data was list a separate entry for that like they cut and pasted the data from the IMR site. Also, the articles include Winchester data. There may be clues as to which powders (IMR and Winchester) will be dropped in favor of Hogdon brand OR the other way around. Some are duplicates like H110/W296, HP-38/W231 or near duplicats like IMR4227/H4227 (H4227 discontinuance already announced).

No comments: