Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Handloads for Self Defense

There is an interesting topic at the Sixgunner forums Handloads For Self Defense.............

So, after reading all that, what is really at the crux of the matter is the defendant's pattern of behavior IOW, if you walk like a duck, quack like a duck, you might just be a duck. One way or the other (good or bad), civil or criminal, this is really what it comes to, i.e. proving the pattern of behavior that shows that you are innocent or not. To beat the horse further, the ammo is only a portion of the whole.

For me the concern is that factory ammo is statistically more reliable than my reloads. So, that is generally what I carry. If I'm in a sporting circumstance I'll use what I've got knowing that it is likely that I'll be at a disadvantage in a planned attack. That's just how it is.

No comments: