Friday, September 18, 2009

CCF RaceFrames, LLC

The Glock semi-auto pistol has 5-million+ guns in the market. They have a wonderful reputation for reliability and are used by something like 48% of all police departments. Even though it has become something of a cultural phenomenon in only 20 years nothing is perfect for everyone. I don't know about you, but many folks simply accept the Glock grip "frame" format until they try something different like the Smith and Wesson or Springfield in their hand. I'm one of those who doesn't find the Glock shape to be comfortable in the hand. I don't like the angle and I don't much like the "hump" and the bottom of the "backstrap".

Incorporated in Virginia, CCF RaceFrames produces alloy frames for Glocks which can duplicate the M1911 grip frame angle with a special backstrap. This makes the Glock system almost attractive to me. I do believe that they strongly "suggest" (maybe closer to require) that one use Glock parts in their frames.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has used one of these frames.

No comments: