Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quantico and Caesar Guerini shotguns, it isn't good news...

From Rob Leahy comes notice of this USMC report about a catastrophic failure of a Caesar Guerini shotgun. If you have one you should read the report.

I don't know that I've seen one of these shotguns. While some folks around here have good quality shotguns, most order them and they aren't stocked in the local shops. Well, that said and darn if Dominion Outdoors in Stuarts Draft isn't listed as a dealer. Don't know if they stock them though...

If you follow the link to the maker's site you'll eventually find that the shotgun in question has an MSRP of about $3200. That's a lot for a shotgun that has the number of catastrophic failures documented in the well researched and written USMC report.

I have to say, I've never seen a shotgun disintergrate at the chamber end. All the failures I've of which I've seen the aftermath were at the muzzle end and all but one were certainly due to a barrel obstruction while the one other was due to severe pitting weakening the barrel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

About year I had a Manxus sporting almost blow up at the end of he barrel