Sunday, January 16, 2011

It can happen at any time...

I stuck a case in a die. I know I didn't likely lube it enough but it FELT like it had enough lube. And I was being extra careful as well. Think I'll upgrade from the Lee dies for the .223 I was using to RCBS or Redding. Unless I can manage to drill the hole for the stuck case remover without running the bit into the pin. I think I like the RCBS set up better for when you stick a case.

After trying any number of things without budging the decapping pin in the pin collet I put it in the freezer for about 10 hours.  I was then able to wack the pin and thus the cartridge case out of the die.  I have already bought an RCBS die set and am using that to decap but I'm seating bullets with the Lee die because I'm too lazy to take the time to set up the RCBS seating die.  

No comments: