Friday, December 09, 2011

Speaking of smoke and parties...

Nana had it in her head to have a party for her friends to celebrate the Christmas season.  She's got their gift bags set up and we've been working every night to prep plenty of treats for her guests.  Yes, I know I live here too but it is NANA's friends that are invited.  Anyway, there were a multitude of decorations the display of which was left to me.  That took up a lot of my time.  I worked an extra day this week and then it rained.  And rained.  And rained some more.  So, I wasn't crying about missing hunting days, just disappointed.

Meanwhile, Nana has been adhering to her Atkinsesque anti-diabetes diet which is 99.9% protein meaning meat and cheese.  Word next Tuesday as to whether it has worked to reduce her blood sugar levels or not.  She started out losing weight but that has stopped so she's concerned that it won't affect blood sugar levels either.

Also this week, my friend Dwayne L___'s father died.  I'd been working on a family tree for Dwayne without any input/info from the family.  I was pleasantly surprised to discover, via his father's obituary, that I was right in all respects about the tree.  It also concerns me a bit that all that info is so easily available on the internet.


No comments: