Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Finally hunting...

Finally got out today.  Wandered out to Mom's place and moseyed around with a bit of a sit-down to watch and wait and see what was going on. 

Rifle capped and ready to go...

Then a little red-head paid me a visit...

Would they come this way?

A bit of a dreary day, it soon started to rain.  I was doing ok where I was sitting for a while as I was beneath a large white pine but as the shower continued I started to get a bit wetter and wetter.  That's not so bad in and of itself but I really didn't want to get water into my charge.  Oh, yes, battles were fought with muzzle-loaders in driving rainstorms but not many and for a reason.  So, at about 12:30 I decided to leave.

On the way out I came across a couple of things.  The first, a deer stand I didn't know about...

Deer stand at the foot of Doe Hollow



Then I came across some fresh scat on the tractor lane along Mom and Dad's pasture.  Can you tell what its from?

Fresh scat!

No comments: