Wednesday, November 30, 2011

L. L. Bean Hunting Shoes back and resoled...

I'm sure you're wondering why I might mention this.  Life in the army taught me that a good pair of boots, appropriate to the terrain and weather, can make or break a man living and working in the outdoors.  I've found that, for hunting in Virginia, the L. L. Bean hunting "shoe" is the best.  It is comfortable, keeps my feet dry, is easy to clean to bring back in the house if you step in something and is adequately durable.  One can adapt the uninsulated boots to local weather by wearing different socks.  My dad wore them for years in his work for the U.S. Forest Service in West Virginia, Kentucky and here in Virginia.  He did have all leather boots but didn't wear them when there was rain or snow.  I think he had the soles replaced at least 4 or 5 times on his pair.

I like them so much that I bought a new pair and waited until they arrived before sending the old pair back for resoling.  It cost $39 and took L. L. Bean about 2 weeks including shipping time to and from.

1 comment:

TerPatel said...

Based on what you've share, it seems like these boots really satisfied you on your hunting activity. The price is also good. I think I'd like to buy one of it and see how it can give me satisfaction.

Hunting Shoes