Saturday, November 05, 2011

Jonathan Arthur Ciener Arrested for Fraud

Jonathan Arthur Ciener
Jonathan Arthur Ciener was arrested and charged with "schemes to defraud less than $20,000", a third degree felony.  The Brevard County Florida Sheriff's office raided his business at 8700 Commerce Street, Cape Canaveral, Florida at 6:00 Pm on November 3, 2011.

The world's largest producer of .22 rimfire conversions for numerous firearms, Ciener is a well-known name in certain firearm circles.  I have to admit that this was the first I'd heard of questionable business activities by Mr. Ciener or his company.  Once I ran across the mention of his arrest I did a little searching and it wasn't hard to find numerous internet references to his activities and most weren't complimentary.  There is even a Do Not Buy Ciener .22R Conversions website.  I don't think I've seen an advocacy site working against any other company in the firearms business for other than political reasons (such as the Smith and Wesson boycott).  I think we'll just have to watch and see how this plays out.




No comments: