Thursday, April 26, 2007

Winchester .22 LR Power-Point

The Winchester .22 Long rifle Power-Point ammunition is my favorite .22 Long Rifle ammo. The ammunition is consistent, the bullet quality is excellent, the design is effective and it is accurate in a number of my guns chambered for the .22 LR. It is the ONLY effective .22 HP in the short barreled pistols and revolvers. However, Winchester has closed the rimfire ammo plant in East Alton, IL and moved to Oxford, MS. The ammo is hard to find and costs an arm and a leg when you do find it. Midway USA shows the item out of stock and no backorder. They expect to have stock the first of June. I wonder. I'd buy a case (or two or three) of this stuff if I could.

In any "case" I've been buying .22 LR ammo. I can either shoot it or, if worse comes to worse, trade it. Prices are certainly rising on all ammo and it is a good thing to lay in a supply against possible shortages/controls.

No comments: